Martial Arts Birthday Party Ideas
Have a little Taekwondo animal? Then here are some ideas on how to create a great martial arts-themed birthday party. Your kids will love it!
- Ask your Taekwondo Master if they host parties at your Taekwondo school. Our Masters throw Taekwondo birthday parties for children that include games and even breaking wooden boards. Lots of fun!
- Create a cake with a Taekwondo picture on the top. Check with your local supermarket or bakery to see if they can scan a picture on to the birthday cake (done with food coloring). If they can, you just have to find your favorite Taekwondo picture (i.e. your child breaking a board) to make the perfect martial arts cake. Watch your child’s eyes light up when they see themselves on the cake.
- My personal Taekwondo party tips
- Make sure your husband/wife or another parent helps out (15-20 kids can be chaotic).
- Bring lots of paper towel (as kids can be messy).
- Position one adult at the front door to greet everyone & make sure no kids run out by themselves at the end of the party.
- Remember some kids may have food allergies so plan accordingly (i.e. bring “alternative” food choices in case they can’t eat the main course).
- The Masters will handle the things such as games but you will be serving the cake & drinks.
- Bring a video camera or digital camera to capture the moment.
- Make sure you bring the essentials (i.e. plastic forks, plates and cups) and don’t forget things such as the birthday candles & matches.
- Show kid friendly martial art movies to “excite” the crowd – Kung Fu Panda, Karate Kid, Teenage Ninja Turtles, etc.
- Make the Taekwondo birthday exciting and put up a pinata. Break the pinata with a spinning hook kick versus a stick!
To get you started on a great party, here are some popular Taekwondo & martial arts-oriented party goods.
Taekwondo Stocking Stuffers or Party Favors
- Lego – Martial Arts Figures
- Martial Arts Rubber Duckies
- Personalized M&Ms – Add personal messages such as TKD Birthday, Black Belt Bob, Merry TKD Xmas, etc. to your M&M candy. Fun… and tasty gift.
- Martial Arts Gifts for Kids
Martial Arts Birthday Party Items for Children
- Party Items – Products for martial arts-themed parties (i.e. balloons, goodie bags, party plates, etc.)
Martial Arts Books for Kids
- The Five Ancestors – This martial arts fiction series is for pre-teens and focuses on a number of young Kung Fu monks.
- The Martial Arts Book – This book will help children learn about a variety of different martial arts styles and systems.
- Taekwondo for Kids (Martial Arts for Kids)
- Taekwondo Kids: From White Belt to Yellow/Green Belt – A visitor favorite!